Tuesday, September 27

Hyderabad still rocks...

In Raipur I drive in my subconscious. I start from place-X, need to go to place-Y, and I reach there without even thinking about the road I have to take, the shortcut through the alley, I avoid the potholes without even looking at them, I slow down automatically at the speed-breaker, I don't have to look in all directions at once... It has happened many times, that I reach my destination and then I realize Oh! Yeah, I drove till here. I have had countless daydreams while driving there.

Earlier in Hyderabad, when I did not know the roads etc, I had to remember the roads; I had to lookout for potholes and speed-breakers. But after driving in Hyderabad for so long a time, even traversing through Hyderabad had become a part of the subconscious. But now, it seems there has been an explosion of vehicles in Hyderabad or because I am a part of the rush hour now, I feel that way. Earlier the journey used to be from one place to another, now it is from one traffic-jam to another. But still when there is less traffic, I get into the cruise mode and let my subconscious take over.

This weekend, for two days I drove in Bangalore. Leave aside the subconscious, even when fully conscious, it is a nightmare driving there. You have to look ahead, look to the right, look to the left, look in the right rear-view mirror, and look in the left rear-view mirror and that too all at the same time. If there is a gap of about 6 inches between your bike and the vehicle ahead, the army of vehicles behind you sound off war - they keep on honking until that distance has reduced to 6 mm. A small gap appears in the traffic and even the bus starts creeping into it.. And I saw a strange kind of bus at Bangalore. Two buses connected together through a rubber tube kind of thing (similar to two railway coaches joined together). Each of the part of that weird bus has a mind of its own. The second part seems to move on its own accord, irrespective of the first part.

But the good thing about the Bangalore traffic is that, it restored my respect for the Hyderabad traffic. I thought that traffic in Hyderabad could not get any worse, now I know. Traffic in Hyderabad is good!

September 27th, 7:25 pm

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you call hyd. traffic as good ?? :o

ithink u havent had that much on road exp. before hyd.

PlayBoi
(hope u still rmr who playboi is)

8:29 PM  
Anonymous kunal said...

i hated the traffic of hyderabad.. but dude, go and drive once in bangalore. i'm sure you'll change your mind. at least here everyone is not out to hit you.

btw i sure remember who playboi is.

9:03 PM  
Blogger sandeep said...

hyderabad rox...or in nir's terminology its 'cool' :D

10:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Talkin about traffic,if u wanna have a nice taste of traffic,u can come to chennai n drive a two wheeler in rush hour.ppl with hit u n go n they wont even apologise.
Cars taking wrong ways n bus drivers drivin like they got a new pulsar on road is a common sight.
So dude don say that hyd traffic is BAD,its heaven as compared to this place

6:01 AM  
Blogger Nirnimesh said...

You can avoid all the traffic if you keep safe hours. For say, reach the office late! Leave the office early. Of course, the side-effects are not guaranteed. :-)

3:59 AM  
Blogger Kunal said...

@sandeep:
i agree!

@nirnimesh:
ya i am avoiding the traffic and the possible side effects too. i reach office early and leave late.. :)

4:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home